You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients. Julia Child (1912 - 2004)
If a person were to predict just looking at map they most likely wouldn't think of Minneapolis and St. Paul as foodie havens. Luckily for us it is! The area is blessed with:
- farms right outside the metro area and the accompanying farmer’s markets,
- a strong organic farming base,
- community gardens, buy local campaigns and pick your own farms
- shipping on the Mississippi and Lake Superior,
- local owner operated *Cooperative grocery stores, and
- ethnic groceries.
Fun Fact: Minnesota has more Local Co-op groceries listed on co-op web sites than any other state including California!